Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time RP Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recreating the game of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time into multiplayer roleplay with Torque 3D game engine.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moddb Summary & Discription July 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DLCCorrupt
Admin
DLCCorrupt

Moddb Summary & Discription July 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Moddb Summary & Discription July 2010   Moddb Summary & Discription July 2010 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:29 am

Moddb Summary & Description:

Summary:

Oot RP (Ocarina of Time Roleplay) is a remake/resurrect of the N64 of "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" I created Oot RP because I couldn't wait anymore for Zelda World so I wanted to create a simple roleplay in the land of Hyrule.

Description:

Oot RP is not competing with Packers Game -Zelda World

Comparison:

Oot RP:

* Roleplay (It more of a roleplay then an action, explore the world of Hyrule with friends.)
* No weapons (It basically a utopia just to go around familiar places and chat with friends)
* Young Link (Packers Alpha release had Adult Link so I'm currently using young link[Going to use him regardless])
* Custom Young Link (Young Link will be wearing a different color tunic[possibly])
* All in one map (Going to script teleports so you don't have to exit the game just to choose another server with another map.[WIP])

Zelda World:

* Termina (I won't create this world space just for the act of peace)
* Weapons
* Deathmatch
* Quest (He said something about of a possible quest maker, not sure)
* Maps Separated (all his maps are separated[as far as I know[alpha])
* Other custom match (He talked about other custom matches on his forum)
* 1.5 Year Experience (He has been working on his project for 1.5 years [started December 17, 2008] so clearly he is in great shape, so to speak.

If I'm not online the forum or Moddb, I'm most likely working on the game (Very common), taking care of my 2 month (exact from today) baby sister (too common, she's spoiled), or other real-life events(very rare).

Once I start creating a game, I want to make it organized. I'm going through the following stages below. (I skip around a lot sometimes)

Finish Forum and website- These two are important to because it helps me inspire myself of continuing the mod. I know it doesn't make sense but it also gives the project a "more alive" feeling letting the community know whats going on. -(Finished forum, I'll use this site as my main headquarters for now)

Sounds- Pulling sounds from the game will be the easiest of them all.

Model- Exporting the models from the Oot (Ocarina of Time) is a very easy and quick process.

Texture- Textures will be the hardest to achieve, if I release an early demo for example don't expect textures. Sad (Edit- just figured it out!)

Collision- I have know idea how difficult the collision will be but if i can make all models collide-able to their own form, then it will be simple and quick. (Figured out!)

GUI- (Game user interface)- Can't wait to do this.

Map- Technically its a part of model but its not an individual model so to speak (This includes the skybox.)

Animation- Will be the least to enjoy but once I start getting the hang of it then "whalla".

Weapons- It's a roleplaying game, you move around all over Hyrule with friends and hang out. I'm not sure if I want to add weapons, I don't want to compete with Packer. (He's a good person) -His is deathmatch right now. - Zelda World

Your probably wondering where is the multiplayer or chat system in the list. The answer is there already built in. Very Happy (I need to check since I updated). And yes I'll have a early demo when I get the important stuff done.
-----------------------------------------Below will be updated constantly--------------------------------------

Ones that are currently done.

Just Started this week but I have the following done:

-History
(7/27/10)

* Hyrule Field map
* Hylia Lake map
* Lon Lon Ranch map
* Young Link (Don't expect him as a player model soon)

All the above need the textures fix.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for the people who want to know when the demo is release, it won't be 1.5 years (No offensive).

Upcoming Demos:

Date: Very soon!
Name: Torque Engine OotRP Test (Hyrule Field)
Player model: Built-In Torque Engine
Description: You'll be moving around the exact exported model of Hyrule Field (possibly bad textures but reason below). This is a simple person moving around on Hyrule Field.
Reason: I just need feedback from the community if there is a n error thus leading it to a Torque 3D Game Engine related problem. I need to do this first so I won't start with small problems that grow over time.

-----------Possibly one in between-------------

Date: September 5, 2010
Name: Major Oot Hyrule Map
Player model: Built-In Torque Engine
Description: It will contain all exterior maps of Oot and most likely background music. (Hopefully I fixed all textures and master teleports by then.
Reason: Its my birthday and hopefully I add extra goody stuff.

-------------Most likely get an update in between--------

Date: December (24?), 2010
Name: Major Christmas Package update
Player model: Built-In Torque Engine or Young Link (if not Young Link then right after this)
Description: (If didn't accomplished last time, will most definitely fix textures and master teleports) Will have all dungeon interiors and possibly buildings.
Reason: Its almost or is Christmas!

After this (2011) or between one of the packages, the following will happen:

* Young Link as Player model (With full animation)
* Young Link Swimming animation
* Epona (Ridable pony[eek sounds weird])
* Full Hi-def retexture of OotRP, see here -Hi-Res
* Custom Maps
* Choose your own player model
* Edit your player model
* Etc [Insert imagination here]...

This will be updated to daily basis since this project is new thus leading it to a very active start.
If your one of those people who like to help, answer the polls on the forum. - I'll try to update them once in a while.

Please Join the Forums. It just simply inspires me to work harder and lets me know what the community wants. I have this ongoing determination thanks from the inspiration of Zelda World but I need more inspiration to go even farther (I currenlty inspire myself by looping a whole soundtrackl of Zelda Music. Sad isn't but it works.)
Back to top Go down
https://ootrp.board-directory.net

Moddb Summary & Discription July 2010
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time RP Game :: Oot RP (Game) :: Oot RP-
Jump to: